Fri Mar 26 16:17:35 GMT 2021
N-central 12.2 and above:
- The N-central agent should appear under Applications. Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash
- To reinstall, log into N-central and download the "DMG Installation Script" and the "macOS Agent (dmg)"
- Make sure to extract the script into the same folder location as the dmg
- Use one of the methods below to install
- To install with an activation key, retrieved from the central server
- Prior to N-central 2020.1, to install with a Customer Name and Customer ID (Customer name may need to be quoted if it contains spaces or shell meta-characters)
- On 2020.1 or later to install with a Customer Name and Customer ID (Customer name may need to be quoted if it contains spaces or shell meta-characters)
- Additional Flags
- -p Specify the protocol for the agent to use
- -a Specify the port for the agent to use
- -x Specify an http proxy for the agent to use
- Once the script has run go to the All Devices view and click on the Network Devices tab.
- Click on the Add button
- Click on Discovered Assets
- Select your device and import it
- Your device should now be added in N-central
- From the Customer level, go to the All Devices view, and click on the Network Devices tab.
N-central 12.1 and older:
- Check if the following file exists:
- NOTE: use CMD+SHIFT+G/Windows Key+Shift+G in Finder > paste in the folder path above
- If it does not exist, create this directory manually and populate it with the contents of the agent uninstall-nagent from another working Mac device or please contact SolarWinds Support for this file.
- Start uninstall-nagent
- Download new installer file from within your SolarWinds N-central server > Actions > Download Agent/Probe > macOS Agent
- Delete the existing device from the UI
- Reinstall the agent
- Run the installation script or use the pkg installer from the GUI. If you use the script, some example syntax is below:
./batch-install.sh -P agent-macosx.pkg -T "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" –s (Address of N-Central server) –i 100
- Alternately, you may add a new MAC device to N-Central using the Actions > Add/Import > Manually create, checkmark local agent when creating, then use the activation key found on the agent tab
./batch-install.sh -P agent-macosx.pkg -T "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" -k <NewActivationKey>
- NOTE: Do not use the old activation key