Last Modified Date1/15/2021 7:53 PM
This was built during the January 2021 Automation Office Hours. It is an automation policy for N-Central that can be created into a custom service
The purpose of the script is to look in a selected folder and look for the age of the most recent file.
Custom Service / Script Check
Windows File System
Windows 8/8.1;Windows 10;Windows Server 2012 / 2012R2;Windows Server 2016;Windows Server 2019
Compatible with N-Central
N-Central minimum version
Compatible with RMM
To use this:
1. import the automation policy to your N-Central server,
2. then go to Administration / Service Management / Custom Services.
3. From there click on Add / Automation Manager Policy
4. in there find the policy that you uploaded in step 1, and go through the tabs to configure the desired inputs/thresholds/scan intervals
5. save the service and use like any other service
The policy outputs 2 parameters. One is the file age, and the other is the full file path of the file found